Saturday, September 15, 2012

Breakfast At Tiffany's

Breakfast At Tiffany's


When I think about my Nana, I can't help but think of Holly Golightly. She was always wild, fun, and after all the finer things in life. Even if it made her come off as flighty and maybe even shallow, she always made up for her sometimes overwhelming free-spiritedness by being quirky and more fun than anything on the planet. Like Holly Golightly, she had her faults, but always had a good time and always looked good doing it.

Tonight I found myself in a similar position to Holly, gazing at the window displays at Tiffany & Co. while I was looking at pictures of my Nana and me together. We were both longing for something that we can never have. I really hate to talk about all this sad stuff, but it's all I can think about. Watching Breakfast At Tiffany's makes me think of her as the cute, quirky party girl who used to jitterbug every weekend and blow her paychecks on alligator handbags. I made the above outfit as a sort of tribute to Holly and Nana, both totally fun and timeless. I love her so much and this blog is a direct result of her and her love of looking fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment