Thursday, June 19, 2014

Shoes of Summer


Shoes of Summer

Shoes of Summer by elbonner featuring synthetic boots

For what feels like centuries, I have worn the same brown leather, Rainbow flip flops every day that I didn't have to work in the summer. Don't get me wrong, I love my Rainbow's and recommend them to anyone with feet, but sometimes I want something with a little more pizzazz! Luckily, there are all sorts of cool shoe trends happening that make me want to just turn my walk-in pantry to an overflow shoe closet (who needs canned tomatoes?!). And the best thing of all is that all of the shoes pictured are available in one awesome place: Swell.com, one of the best clothing sites out there!. Here are my favorites so far:

Embellishments: Coins, buckles, embroidery, fringe, excessive amounts of beads. Throw them on a shoe and this bitch is chomping at the bit. Shoes like this can make any boring outfit way more interesting. White t-shirt and jean shorts? Embellished sandals! T-shirt dress? EMBELLISHED SANDALS! These two from Swell are so incredible I almost did a spit take when I saw them and make me actually want to take the time to keep my feet looking like dried up dinosaur skin that's been sitting an a dehydrator for 5 million years!

Cute, but Comfortable: Let's face it, sometimes cute shoes destroy your feet and you find yourself craving something that will give your soles a little more TLC. Thanks to companies like Sanuk (top) and Havaiana (bottom), comfortable shoes don't need to be butt-ugly. The Sanuk Yoga Sling sandals incorporate Sanuk's yoga mat foot bed technology (sooooo squishy) with some seriously soft toe/ankle straps that are like the slipper version of a gladiator sandal. Havainas has partnered with Mara Hoffman, a swimwear designer with the coolest prints ever, to make printed rubber sandals that are beautifully squishy and bright. The all-rubber sandals are great for the beach because they won't be ruined if they're accidentally taken away by the tide. If it's comfort you seek, look no further!

Bootie Patrol: Ankle boots! Why did it take so long for me to accept you into my wardrobe?! Ankle boots are great with skinny jeans, but I think they are even better with shorts. I cannot wear heels, I JUST CAN'T. I've tried and I can't walk very fast in them, which my tall boyfriend hates, and my feet are destroyed by the end of the night. I can wear ankle boots with dressier outfits that I can't wear sandals with and still look appropriate whilst still being able to walk. Swell has a bunch of cute ankle boots that are great if you're going to do a lot of walking or need some toe coverage. I wear them all the time and they're always a big hit. I only need like a two-inch heel with a little western flair and I'm hot-to-trot!

If you're stuck in a shoe rut (I'm looking at you Old Navy flip-flop cult followers) and need to spice up your shoe game, look around you and see the great offerings available to you. And check out Swell for all the shoes shown above. Now, get to steppin'!

Swell Fringe Embellished Thong Sandal
Swell Sequined Leather Toe Ring Sandal
Sanuk Yoga Sling Sandals
Havainas Mara Hoffman Anada Slim Flip Flop
DV by Dolce Vita Fisher Fringe Bootie
Roxy Carrington Boot
Volitale Very Movement Wedge Bootie

Instagram @e_bythesea
Twitter @e_bythesea
Pinterest @ebythesea86

No comments:

Post a Comment