Monday, August 13, 2012

Cleansers

Cleansers

Cleansers by elbonner featuring Bliss face cleansers

As great as summer is, it can really wreak havoc on your face. The heat and use of some sunscreens can make your skin oily and more blemish prone or the prolonged sun exposure can dry everything and make it flaky. It's imperative that you have a good cleanser to take all that oily grossness of at the end of the day so that you don't end up looking like Pizza Face. I've compiled a few of my favorite facial cleansers I've tried over the years since my skin type has changed from oily to combination dry. My misfortune becomes your benefit since I can recommend more products! 

1. Probably my all-time favorite cleanser since I can use it all year-round in Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser. I friggin' love Korres products and have NEVER used one that I didn't think was the bees knees. This cleanser is $21 so not super cheap, but you only need a bit and the bottle lasts forever. My skin get way dry in the winter and it never feels tight after I use it and when my skin is oily in the summer it gets rid of all the nasties. 

2. Another nice cleanser that is pretty similar to the previous one is Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. This stuff smells awesome, kind of minty and herby and always helped wake me up a bit when used in the morning. This cleanser foams up a lot too and is great for combination to oily/sensitive skin. I like pretty much all of the Origins products I've tried too. This one is $19.50, so a bit cheaper than the Korres cleanser, but both are the same size. If you want an herbal pick-me-up go for this one!

3. Bliss makes some good stuff. Not as natural or earthy as Korres or Origins, but they have a great range. Their triple oxygen line of products is wonderful if you like that super fresh, tingly feeling and their Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam is great if you like mousse/foam cleansers. This takes off makeup pretty well and makes you feel so fresh and so clean. The oxygenating action also made my face look a little bit brighter too. At $28 it's one of the more expensive cleansers, but you're getting what you pay for. 

4. Another favorite from Bliss is the Clog-Dissolving Cleansing Milk. This formula does NOT foam and goes on like a milky cream that smell clean and fresh. I like to use this in the winter time when my skin is feeling a bit dry or when I feel like I've overdone it with foamy cleansers. I like this because though my skin is on the dry side, I still have issues with blackheads and the enzymes in this cleanser help to eat away at the yucky stuff while still being moisturizing. No clogging, no film, just an all-around good cleanser for dryer more sensitive skin. 

5. This is another non-foaming formula that is focused on more acne prone skin. The ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser (aliteration much?) from REN utilizes the power of clay to gently dry up zits and all the gross stuff inside them. After bombarding my acneic skin with the harshest cleansers I could find, my skin got incredibly dry and sensitive and I wish this had been around when I was more pimply. It has a clean scent and doesn't have anything harsh that could further irritate your skin. This cleanser is part of a 3-step system just for acne sufferers!.

6. Our last cleanser is not really a cleanser in the traditional sense. The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant a gentle exfoliant that doubles as a super gentle cleanser great for more mature skin types. I also find this nice to use when I have a sunburn and want something that isn't going to take moisture away. This comes as a powder that you add a few drops to and make into a paste. You choose how grainy the texture gets so the exfoliation factor can be significant to almost nonexistent and the texture ranges from a thick paste to a milky watered-down-oatmeal like consistency. It's a blend of rice powders and exfoliating acids that keep your skin sexy smooth without pissing it off.

Hope you enjoyed this cleanser overview. I have used all of these products for years and wouldn't throw them on here without being truly impressed with them so happy cleansing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment