Sunday, September 2, 2012

Whip Yo' Hair

Hair Care



Beauty product / Burt s Bees hair shampoo / Haircare / Bumble and Bumble styling product, $33 / Sebastian Professional haircare / Batiste hair shampoo, $7.91

After reading over my last post I feel like I was kind of a whiner. Let me clarify:my life does not suck, this is realy the only thing I have to worry about. Sorry for being depressing and/or annoying, but that post wasn't so much for people to understand what I was going through, but more as something I needed to do to get myself through some stuff. Writing as therapy as you would! 

This post hopefully isn't in the running for most depressing post ever and it is about my everyday hair care! I have blonde, non-colored, dry, frizzy-yet-flat hair. It's also fine on the top of my head and wirey and coarse underneath. It's hard to catagorize as one textture which means I have to use lots of different stuff to keep it not looking crazy. 

For shampoo I use a combination of Burts Bees Super Shiny shampoo and Deva Curl's  No-Poo shampoo. Super Shiny is a sulfate free, foaming shampoo that smells like grapefruits and gets all of my build-up out. I use it probably once a week to get my hair super clean. Every other to every three days I use the No-Poo which is non-foaming and more like a cleansing conditioner. Since my hair is so dry I don't like to strip it so I really like that cleansing conditioners are so popular now. 

For conditioners I use deep conditioners almost exclusively. Thin ones just don't do the job. My favorites are Biolage's Conditioning Balm that I've been using forever. I actually buy the generic kind from Sally Beauty Supply because it's the same thing, but waaaay cheaper. My second favorite is Sebastian's Penetraitt which makes me hair super soft in the shortest amount of time. 

As fot styling I always use a leave-in conditioner or my hair will be a dry frizzy mess that will just snag and break off. My new found love is It's A 10miracle leave-in with keratin. It makes my hair super soft and shiny without making it greasy and the keratin keeps it from getting damaged. I have natural waves and when I want them to hold better I use Paul Mitchells Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydrowhip which is like a mouse but it has conditioning elements to it that don't dry things out like normal mouses do.

When I want beachy hair, I only go with the best: Bumble & Bumble's Surf Spray. I've tried every surf spray under the sun and this is the only stuff that gets me the texture I get after spending a day in the water. It gives me more volume and hold than hair spray and when I curl my hair it holds them better than hair spray too. This stuff id the BEST.

Sometimes I'm lazy and I don't even want to shower. With my bangs on my forehead all day they can get greasy and ropey and look all-around gross. To combat that without the inconvenience of showering I use a dry shampoo like Batiste. Another one I like is Suave's dry shampoo which smells like grapefruits and costs like $2.50. Can't beat that!

Those are really the only things I use on my hair. I used to be a hair care addict, but I've found what works and kept with that. If I find new treasures I will update, but that's all for now. Happy Labor Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment