Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lazy Sunday Ramble: Let's Go Somewhere

Sundays are usually the day where I rarely go beyond my front door. Sweatpants are involved and so is a lot of daydreaming. I've recently discovered AirBnB.com and have been planning the many dream vacations I want to take all over the world while I sit in my living room. So far I have multiple apartments picked out in Cornwall, Paris, Stockholm, Santorini, San Francisco, and many other places that I've put on my wish list. I'm hoping that sometime soon I'm going to be putting them on my "this is finally happening!" list and making them a reality rather than a lazy Sunday fantasy. Traveling is probably my number two favorite thing to do after eating, and the two things really go hand-in-hand, but not having a lot of extra money is really putting a damper on my dream life and right now it's staying firmly shut in my head. It's not that I don't have the motivation to go ahead and do it, I'm itching to get out and see something new. This is the first time I've had the whole year available for travel since I don't have school to keep me at home. If I had the resources I'd be booking my ticket today and the planning and stress of getting there isn't something I let get in the way of having fun. I've never traveled by myself and I'm ready to be a big girl and take that leap!

My main motivation for wanting to get out there and see the world is regret. Maybe because I had parents who traveled the world when they were young, telling me fantastical stories about all of the places that they've been has always made me yearn to go and see the world. I already feel as thought I've blown so many chances to go places because either no one else wanted to, there wasn't enough time to plan, or work go in the way. One thing I really regret not doing in college was study abroad. There were a lot of things holding me back from doing it, or things I let hold me back I should say. But I'm at the point where I need to let go of the regret and be proactive about what I want to do because I don't have room for any more of it. I've started stashing away a couple dollars here and there in an attempt to save up for things that I really want to do. I've decided that this coming year is going to be different. I'm not letting dumb stuff get in my way of what I think is important and more importantly, I'm no longer afraid to just go-it alone. I want a life with little-to-no regrets, not one filled with too many empty Sundays wishing away time that could be spend doing something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment