Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lazy Sunday: Deep Contioning the Hairz

Photo: Pinterest
 For the past few Sundays I have done little more than move from sofa, to kitchen, to bathroom, because that's what Sundays were made for. Today was a bit different. It's 70 degrees and my house was gross so I got my clean on, but after all that was done I felt I needed to to a little self-housekeeping. So I did myself a solid and made my cocktail of super moisturizing hair oils and It's now resting on my head soaking up the goodness. My recipes for ultimate hair nirvana is as follows:

1/4 cup Extra Virgin Coconut oil (unrefined! Get the good stuff!)
1-1/2 Tbsp. Amla Oil (find at an Indian grocer or at From Nature With Love)

Mix the two together and massage, section by section onto scalp with your finger tips. Apply the rest of the mixture to the length of your hair. **Coconut oil is solid below 75 degrees so just scoop out what you need and melt it in the microwave for 15 seconds.you can also place the oil is a bowl and let the bowl rest over some hot water if you're not into the whole microwave thing.

Another thing I like to do once this mixture is all over my head is to do a scalp massage using a brush. My hands are too weak and cramp up when doing a manual head massage, so the brush does a decent job and helps spread all the oils. This here video is pretty much exactly what I do.


I leave this on all day, but can be left on for as little at 30 minutes. Once I'm over it/have to go out in public, I shampoo everything out (sometimes twice), condition, and enjoy my soft shiny hair! Great for a lazy Sunday; try it out now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment