Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Florals: Gardenia Madness!

Floral Fabulousness

Floral Fabulousness by elbonner featuring a perfume fragrance

It's one of my favorite times of the year: gardenia season! I love walking the neighborhood and getting down wind of a gigantic gardenia bush, it's like being whisked away to a tropical paradise! I'm getting excited about the new smells and blooms I'll be seeing when I go to Hawaii, but since I'm not there yet I'm turning to some great products to get me through the next few weeks! I usually prefer citrus and fruity scents, but there's something about gardenias and plumeria that just get me in the mood to walk barefoot down the beach whilst getting my white jersey maxi dress wet (I don't do that shit).

Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Solid Perfume: Great to throw in your purse without fear of breaking a glass bottle or as a mid-day pick-me-up that you can huff in a bathroom stall when you realize that you've already used up all your vacation days. The scent lasts a long time and smells like a warm Tahitian breeze!

Diptyque "Gardenia" Candle: Diptyque candles are always classy, smell amazing, and make you feel like you're living in a fabulous Parisian art loft, complete with flower garden. Great at bath time to calm you down, and great right before bed so that you fall asleep feeling like your surrounded by gardenia bushes!

Kai Roll-On Perfume Oil: Beautifully light and reminiscent of a romantic beach walk with a hot local name Paulo or something, Kai products are simple yet luxurious and just all-around great. The fragrance doesn't just come in a roll-on, it's a soap, it's a candle, it's a shower gel. Your whole house and being can smell like the vacation you've always dreamed of! 

Malie Plumeria Body Cream: Okay, okay! I know it's not gardenia, but plumeria (or frangipani) is a very similar fragrance that I love just as much are gardenia. This body lotion is all organic and is a great moisturizer that is light enough to be worn on hot days which is a big factor in what kind of lotion I buy. When I use it I don't even think about the fact that my hometown climate couldn't support a plumeria bush! (so much sadness)

Get your fragrance on, people! Don't load it on like you're masking your scent from zombie hoards, just a light spritz with a sashay walk-through is good enough. Light florals like gardenia and plumeria are great for summer since they do well on their own and don't need other notes that can weigh them down. Gardenia up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment