Friday, July 19, 2013

No Sweat: Summer Body Moisturizers

Summer Body Moisturizers


I love summer time, but I also dread it, thinking about the hours I'll spend worrying about how sweaty I am. My outfit planning doesn't necessarily revolve about what's cute, but what won't show how drenched I am.


 (My conversation with myself daily. Original Here)

My other summer bummer is dry skin, and the whole sweat and dry skin thing just don't go. I felt like I couldn't wear a lotion during the day because it wouldn't let my skin breath, that it would just make me a bigger, sweatier mess. I was just using the wrong kind. Loading up my skin with thick creams to keep me smooth during the day only coated me like a rubber glove and made me overheat too easily. I finally saw the light and searched for lighter day moisturizers to add a bit of moisture without the sweat inducing hell I experienced with my winter lotions. Here are a few of my favorites!

L-R

Everyday Coconut Super Hydrating Body Lotion- A huge bottle to last you all summer, this lotion is all natural, light, but FULL of skin loving moisture. I can put this on and not feel like I'm inside an oven of sadness when out in the heat. It keeps me from looking scaley and flaky. 

Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer- Spray it on, rub it in, and you're done. This is best when you know it's going to be a scorcher or you just can't be bothered to really apply lotion. Love this when I'm running late because it takes no time at all and isn't sticky or greasy.

The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Yuzu & Rice Body Milk- Similar to the vaseline lotion, but a little more moisturizing. Great for sensitive skin that needs some extra pampering. Bonus: it smells awesome!

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Puree- This lotion gives you a great citrus scent and light moisturizing effect that will last throughout the day. This"puree" is a mix between a lotion and a gel which makes it perfect for summer. It's very light, but keeps any flakiness at bay.

Hope this helps your summer moisture woes. It took me so long to figure out how to keep myself from looking a hot mess whilst still trying to stay moisturized. Stay cool everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This body moisturizer is definitely one of my favorite. I have tried a bunch and this one definitely does a great job at moisturizing skin.

    ReplyDelete