Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Funday: The Best Time of the Year

There really is no contest; this time of year in my area is simply the best. The tourists aren't here yet, the weather hasn't gotten unbearably hot yet, there's all sorts of stuff going on, and I'm usually spending a lot of time outside.  It's like it went from dark, cold, boring nothingness that was seriously depressing to an almost overwhelming amount of stuff to do! My friends have their pool open, it's great hiking weather, Busch friggin' Gardens is open, the beach is warming up; it's almost too much to do! The past two weekends have been so amazingly perfect that it just kept my mood lifted all week. After my backpacking trip last weekend, this one was a bit more subdued, but still really enjoyable. I spent almost all day outside in my parents backyard on Saturday and the BF and I went on a long walk today. 

Two of the great things about my apartment is the fact that I have sunroom and that my landlord is an A+ gardener and keeps the place so gorgeous! I love having all sorts of plants in my sunroom, I sometimes like to call it my jungle room (like the Walking In Memphis Song!). We also have a tiny, shared backyard with all sorts of plants and flowers that are changed throughout the seasons. It's never the same stuff twice! Even though sitting at home can get boring, it's days like these that I really enjoy being at home just looking at all the pretty stuff around us.










I've been going through cookbooks (one of my very favorite things) looking for new recipes, but mostly just enjoying the pictures. This one in the photo, The Surf Cafe Cookbook, is a great cookbook for food and photo-lovers alike. The sandwich bread recipe in there is amazing, as well as the lemon squares! I highly recommend it to anyone with taste buds. It reminds me of the kinds of things I eat when I visit my relatives in England which puts me in instant vacation mode. 

 No smart-assiness here today; it must be all the sunshine. I've got no complaints and I'm very content just staring out of the window and watching the world go by. Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment