Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Love Affair With Samples: Glossybox

There are few things in life that are truly satisfying: finding a loving partner, eating warm bread/chocolate chip cookies, visiting a beautiful place, and free samples. With sample testing services such as Glossybox, you can try high-end products without committing to a giant bottle or something you might not end up liking. I think this is a genius idea because I am a beauty junkie. I like to try all sorts of cool new stuff, but sometimes I get stuck with products I don't really care for and feel the need to use up even though I hate them. Companies like Glossybox take that anxiety away and send me a cute box full of surprises every month! EVERYONE LIKES PACKAGES AND SURPRISES; it's a law of nature! This month's came with some awesome samples:

 Above: Nicely packaged and so much fun to open

My stash for this month including Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum which I've wanted to try FOREVER, but didn't want to risk spending a bunch of money on a big one. This will be the perfect travel size which is what I use a lot of my Glossybox stuff for.

 Now this is what I'm talking about. A full-sized Illamasqua nail polish in "Taint" (whoa now) that will be great for fall. I have no brown polishes and this one reminds me of Nutella (never a bad thing).

With services like this, you often get to try brands you've never encountered before. I've never heard of Ellis Faas, but I love with bullet shaped lipstick (please excuse my Vienna sausage fingers). It might even be pointy enough to hold of an attacker: win-win!

There are so many  companies doing this same sort of thing for all different budgets and interests. There are only limited quantities of Glossybox and they differ between countries. Either way, get yourself on their newsletter list and treat yo'self to some samples!

No comments:

Post a Comment