Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sun Care Wants: The Most Illusive Sunscreens Ever

Sun Care Wants

Sun Care Wants by elbonner on Polyvore

I know I JUST posted something about vacations, but this really has little todo with that. After an unexpected trip to a French pharmacie in Saint Martin last summer, I was introduced to the wonderful and fabulous world of French sun care brands. Since I was dragging my boyfriend with me I didn't have the chance to look at every bottle in this tiny store, but it was seriously like I had died and gone to heaven. It had every product you could imagine and I even found a whole display devoted to the ever illusive Hei Poa sun care brand. I bought a bottle of monoi sunscreen, brought it home and cracked the bottle after dropping it on my tile floor. I saved as much as I could, but it was no use. I haven't been able to find any of the beautiful products I saw in that pharmacie and I'm asking the gods of the internet to help me find ways to have these products shipped to the US.

Soleil des Iles is a french brand that utilizes monoi (they all do) and I have barely seen an internet presence at all except another American begging French people on a message board to buy some and ship it to him. I want to try it SO BAD, but all I can find is the French online store that I can only translate so much with my high school French vocabulary.

Polysianes is one of the products I saw in the shop in Saint Martin that I kick myself daily for not picking up. Another monoi-based product that is very hard to find online and when I do it's always in Euros and way too expensive to ship.

Hei Poa is a little easier to find; their monoi is easily available on Amazon. Their sunscreen is another story; it's incredibly hard to find a US supplier and it makes me so sad because this stuff is an island in a bottle. It doesn't break me out and I never got burnt when I wore it.

IF ANYONE READING THIS KNOWS WHERE THIS STUFF IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'm dead serious, I want to try this stuff so badly without having to travel to France to do so. Thanks a lot internets, all I can do now is sit back and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment