Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Body Oils: How I Fake Healthy, Moisturized Skin

Body Oils


Girl, my skin is DRY! For real though, this time of year shrivels and flakes me up like a bag of dates I forgot about in the back of my pantry. It's not pretty, and that's why I turn to what I think is the best kind of moisturizer you can put on your body: OIL. Sweet, glorious oil that comes from a variety of sources, natural ones only! I have compiled a list of body and bath oils that I like to use when I'm feeling itchy and scaly.

1.  Nuxe Huile Prodigieuese OR- This stuff is good in the summer because it's a dry oil that has lots of bronze glitter, but this is great for nights out when you want to look sparkly and fabulous. 

2. REN Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil- This is something you're supposed to add to your bath to make it moisturizing in the water as well as out. This smells like roses (duh) and feels lovely after a bath because you're not doused in oil, it just rests nicely on the skin. Also available at Sephora.

3. The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Oil- Smells like grapefruit: SOLD. Nice and light, good for the daytime when you want a fresh smelling body oil that keeps you soft.

4. Aromatherapy Associates Perfect Partners- Two mini bath oils, one in a zingy citrus to wake you up and one in a soothing herbal scent for night? SIGN. ME. UP. These are great for travel when you're in a different place and just want something to help you wind down. Also great for business travel when you're just tired of watching America's Got Talent alone or stressful holiday trips to your new in-laws house and you're sick of spending time with people.

5. Origins Ginger Gloss Dry Oil Spray- This stuff smells like a goddamn ginger snap and makes you look like a Beyonce album cover: smooth, glowing, and "Sasha" fierce. Great scent for winter and summer; this is a dry oil spray so no greasiness, all fabulousness.

6. Heritage Store Aura Glow Skin Lotion- I use this as a makeup remover, moisturizer, and shave oil. It comes in like 15 different scents and in sizes from teeny tiny to dear-god-that's-a lot size. Needless to say, this is an all-around good oil for lots of things. This is made from peanut oil and is super moisturizing. Wouldn't recommend it for daytime use because it can get oil stains in your clothes (aka ruin them), but great before bed because it really soaks in when you're warm!

7. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil- You can get this stuff just about anywhere nowadays and I always have a jar in my house (two at the moment). I use this like I use the Aura Glow. It's a bit lighter than the Aura Glow and way better for hair. It's good in smoothies and for frying and baking. Just get a jar already!

8. Omorovicza Three-Oil Coffet- Swag, luxury, and high-end body oils. I just named three things I don't have, so this pick is more of a wish-list item. This company is super expensive which makes me think these oils make you a supermodel, look 20lbs. lighter, and magically speak fluent French. It probably doesn't do this, but I like to tell myself it does.

If you've got disgusting dry skin (like me!) go out and get a body oil. Your body moisturizes itself naturally with oil, so what better way to augment your poorly functioning oil glands by giving them a nicely scented boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment