Monday, January 28, 2013

Live The Dream: Beach Hair Sprays

Beach Hair Spray

Beach Hair Spray by elbonner featuring oribe hair care

My number two goal in life, after not becoming a failure, is to have perfect, beachy hair every day unless the opportunity calls for another hairstyle (never!). In order for me to do that, I have to use surf and salt sprays. My thin, slick hair just doesn't like to hold any sort of volumes and these sprays are the only thing that give me any umph and hold. Even regular hairspray doesn't do the trick; only the surf sprays meet my needs. Here are my absolute favorites:

Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray- This is the ultimate in beachy hair. I really like this stuff and looks great on day two of a big wavy hairstyle. Use with caution; it can get pretty texturized and hard to comb so it you're an obsessive hair brusher be prepared to yank out  few strands. This is a spray for an unpolished look.

John Masters Organics Sea Mist- Salt, water, lavender oil; that's all that's in there. If you want to keep it simple, go with this stuff. I spray this into hair I have rinsed, but not shampooed for a bit of texture when it air dries. It's not as much of an intense beach spray like bumble and bumble's, but it does the trick when I don't want any stickiness.

Shea Moisture Organic Coconut Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk-sweet Jesus that's a long name! The name may be ridiculously long, but the idea is simple: if you have course or frizzy hair and need a little relaxation and moisture to achieve beachy hair, then this is your go-to. It smells awesome, leaves hair soft with a bit of shine, but still holds waves nicely. It's marketed towards African American hair, but I think anyone with dry hair can benefit from a little extra moisture. I actually put this in my hair at the beach before going for a swim and it creates soft waves that don't feel dry.

Oribe Apres Surf Spray- This is the Aston Martin of surf sprays. Sophisticated, in a posh bottle, and smells like a $400 haircut. Not surprisingly the most expensive beach spray I've ever bought ($39), but I got it for Christmas and it will last me a long time. It's in a giant aerosol can which kind of sucks because I'm always convinced I'm going to puncture it and hurt myself, but it give you beach texture with a bit more shine and hold. This is a good going out or formal event spray when you want a more natural look that is polished, grown and sexy.

I hope this helped you in your journey for fabulous beach hair. These sprays give even the poorest of landlocked souls the chance to look like they just rolled off of Waikiki beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment