Sunday, February 17, 2013

Not Dead, Just Bumpy

Thanks to some seriously cold weather and a bum sample of a Le Metier de Beaute moisturizer, I'm left with some very unhappy, bumpy, dry skin. I've narrowed it down to the moisturizer since it's the only thing I've changed in the past few days, so I'm playing skin reaction defense. This has happened  before and I've created a routine to help calm everything down:

1. Raw Honey Cleanser: No your eyes do not deceive you. I only cleanse my skin with raw honey while I'm a hot flaky mess. It's gentle, antibacterial, and moisturizing so it doesn't add to the dryness.
2. No Makeup! Ugh, I'm really dreading this part, but it really helps things calm down faster. It can be a difference of a few days so I'm going to go through with it. I'm hoping people will see my haggard face and give me a break at work (not gonna happen).

3. Yogurt, Oatmeal, and Rosewater Masks: You use it when you have chicken Pox so why not throw it on after a serious skin irritation! This helps with the itchies that I most certainly have. It helps to keep me from scratching my skin off and making things worse:

3 Tbsp. Greek Yogurt (full fat if possible)
1 1/2 tsp. rose water
1 1/2 tbsp rolled oats ground into a coarse powder

mix and apply for 15-30 mins

Other than that, keep the dirty culprit away and stay away from super hot water which can make things worse. Hope this helps any winter/allergic skin woes and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment