Thursday, February 21, 2013

What Am I Doing With My Life: Pinterest

I have recently found a new way to completely waste all of my nights and weekends and that thing is the Pinterest. Now it took me a long time to figure what the hell Pinterest even does; will it enrich my life, can I learn cool new things? Maybe not, but I can find a whole bunch of cool pictures that I can bunch together in a giant, crazy collage for all the internet to see! I like Pinterest because it has lots of great beach pictures: beaches, beach houses, beachy hair, beach house decor, beach-themed cupcakes. It's a great way for me to totally immerse myself in everything beach. It's a want-list for people who hate words.You can put all of your favorite things (pins) together on a board and have all the lovely things that give you visual pleasure (huh huh) in one spot to show the world what you really like. It's a place where you can have a million pictures without blowing up your friends Instagram and Facebook pages with your fatty-status obsession with cake pops. I keep a board that is just beach related; it has no point other than to get me into my happy place. Let's just say it's got a lot of stuff like this:
and this!

and how about this!

It may just be a mash-up of crap no one else cares about, but I think it's nice to have a place just for pretty pictures and daydreaming. I used to think Pinterest was totally useless and a place where moms got children's birthday party ideas or ways to personalize their Vera Bradley bags. Little did I know it can be a little slice of paradise that I can access even on the shittiest of days. If you want to follow me, my username is elbonner86 or you can click HERE and see some summertime sunshiny happiness. Saturday I'm going whale watching and bringing my good camera. Hopefully we'll see some majestic sea beasts! Happy Thursday-is-my-Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment