Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Favorites!

Spring Favorites

Spring Favorites by elbonner featuring plus size tops

Every beauty-related YouTube phenomenon has made some sort of monthly favorites video. I usually don't go for that sort of thing because I feel as though it promotes irresponsible spending and rampant materialism, but then I remind myself, I HAVE A BLOG THAT IS ALMOST ENTIRELY ABOUT THE ACT OF WANTING AND/OR HAVING STUFF. I can go ahead see myself out of the self-righteous, a-hole door and do my own monthly favorites post featuring a wide breadth of things I have encountered and liked in the month of March. 

Chobani Greek Yogurt: I love Greek yogurt, I eat it almost every morning for breakfast and since my neighborhood grocery store had fruit-flavored Chobanis on sale for 5-for-$5, you bet your ass I got like 10 of them. My only beef is that all the fruit is on the bottom, and I can't understand why they can't just mix it in. It pains me to have to do it myself, how much can a yogurt/fruit mixer cost Chobani?! Why must you make me work to enjoy you?! My favorite flavors: passion fruit, blood orange, banana, and good ol' strawberry! At 140 calories per container they make a great add-on when your Lean Cuisine just ain't cuttin' it!

Kate Somerville"ExfoliKate":I have said this before; this stuff literally eats your face. Not the way a ravenous zombie on AMC does, but the enzymes, along with scrubbies, get off all the dead skin and make you feel like you took the skin off of someones face that you thought was better than yours and replaced it with theirs. Wow, lots of cannibalistic zombie references in that one, must mean it's good stuff!

Target Stuff: Target can do almost no wrong this season. I have bought so much crap from them I'm almost embarrassed to walk in the store because I'm just plastered in their stuff. It's like wearing the t-shirt of a band you're going to see to their concert. My mom (a school teacher) recently alerted me that the cool kids all wear miss-matched socks and of course Target, being its awesome self, is selling packs of even numbered, obnoxiously colored socks. Just how I like them! Now I have an excuse to look like I dressed in the dark, because I actually do! PS- I'm wearing that ombre sweatshirt RIGHT NOW! #ballerstatus

Tone It Up "Beach Babe Workout": Guess who's feeling fat (points to self whilst crying). Instead of actually crying into a bowl of chocolate chips covered in Cool Whip Frosting, I've been working on my fitness with this great little video. I can mix things up since this video has 7 different mini workouts to choose from. They can be done individually if you really don't want to work out but are forcing yourself, or they have longer ones when you are actually motivated. Plus, it's set on a Hawaiian beach and the instructors hair is the stuff of legends.

H&M Conscious Collection: H&M has done something that every store I like should do: give me coupons for bringing them my old crap. H&M is taking your old clothes(2 shopping bags-worth per day) and giving you a 15% off coupon (good for one item) per bag of clothes! Your old clothes go in a box at the registers and are donated or recycled for use in other industries. The Conscious Collection is this seasons featured collection and it focuses on sustainable fashion. H&M was just named the biggest user of organic cotton simultaneously making their client happy and their competitors feel like panda-murderers. 

Lush "Uluru" Bath Bomb: This bath bomb transformed what could have been the most boring bath of all time, complete with amplified farts and ashamed at the cleanliness of my tub, into a sunset-hued, citrus dream-scape. I love fun bath things and this bath bomb is like about as much fun as an adult can have in the bathtub without Clueless playing on the iPad and a pint of Half-Baked.

Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco: Did you know you could get these inside of a Cheesy Gordita Crunch?! If you get them on their own, and skip lunch, you can technically justify eating 4 of these babiesand not feel like you're chair is about to give way. I say, forget the cheesy nacho Dorito taco, Cool Ranch is the only one worth getting. If you disagree, we can't be friends. 

I know, I know. It's not a typical monthly favorites where I swatch the 50 lipsticks, eye shadows, and blushes I put a second mortgage on my house to pay for, but this is what brought me joy in the month of March!  If this wasn't the most pointless thing you've ever read I can do this more often, but who knows, it could spiral down into dish soap and drain cleaner, not that there's anything wrong with that! Happy April Dudes!

PS- Here's a bonus photo of me in crazy glasses!
 (Instagram: @elbonner86)

No comments:

Post a Comment