Tuesday, September 10, 2013

365 Days

What a difference a year makes. One year ago, I had the worst week I've ever had in my entire life. It was the first week I started working full-time at my job, I was freaking out about my lack of money, my 19 year-old childhood cat was put to sleep, and my Nana died all within about eight days of each other. I guess life wanted to make sure I wasn't such a pussy and threw every horrible thing it possibly could at me. Well, I made it. I may be 20 lbs. heavier and still crying by myself in the bathtub every once an awhile, but I am still here. About a year ago I also started writing on this little blog. I figured if I wasn't writing much more than medical notes and stupid office e-mails, then I should have an outlet to keep myself writing as much as I could about whatever I wanted to. I love this thing and all of the people who have reached out and told me that they actually enjoy what I have to say. Some of the people around me think the whole blog thing is silly, but I find it really relaxing and fun to have a place to just talk about the things I like. Even though I'm still convinced I'm the only one who reads this thing, thankyou everyone for taking time out of your day to spend a little time with me!

Even though 2012 royally sucked, I tried to do as much cool stuff as I possibly could this year. I wanted it to be as fun and carefree as possible. I spent lots of time with family, friends, and, my greatest love, THE BEACH. There's something about the ocean that literally washes away the sad and replaces it with sandy, salty fun! Some of the things I did to make up for my crappy 2012 involved:

 I spent a few days in England's Lake District, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!

 Did lots of hiking up and down, and up and down lots of sheep-covered mountains

 Spent an amazing few days in Paris with my family

 Went all the way up to the top of the Eiffel Tour (didn't get pick-pocketed!)

 Ate some tasty French treats!

 Went on my dream vacation to Oahu. Almost didn't leave

 Partook in the eating of some tasty local grinds

 Saw my favorite flower almost everywhere!

 Met many wise and peaceful sea turtles

 Saw a volcano. Got stung by a bee on said volcano.

 Swam in beautiful clear water on the North Shore at Waimea Bay

Got a little closer to Tahiti at the Polynesian Cultural Center
 Spent some quality time with my mom in the most amazing place I've ever been to.
Busted out the log and spent as much time in the water as possible. I don't think I could survive if I was more than half an hour away!

I have tried as much as I can to make up for the crappy times I had last year. I am so fortunate to have done all of the things I have done and with some of the best people to have ever existed. I still find myself thinking a lot about my Nana and how much I miss her. She was truly my number one fan and never thought I could ever do wrong. I feel pretty silly sometimes after a quick cry in the shower or in the car; like I should be over it already, but it's hard losing one of your best friends. I am glad to have my friends and family that keep me happy and partake in this crazy adventure that is life. I only hope I can make the most of it while I'm still up and running! Carpe Diem, y'all!


always the pink princess




No comments:

Post a Comment