Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Surrendering To Fall: OK, I give up

Fall Things

Fall Things by elbonner featuring fall placemats

After a weekend at a beach house, I have come to the tough realization that plagues my life every year: SUMMER IS OVER. I am still holding out for a few more days I can eek out another sun-filled beach trip, but let's face it, the leaves are falling and everyone is drinking/eating pumpkin spice everything. When the weather cools, I don my usual outfit: t-shirt, sweater, army jacket, boots, and scarves. They are a good go-to because they seem to never go out of style and ooze coolness like the filling of a jelly donut (also a fall favorite). Fall is a time to appreciate hot coffee again, get some reading done, and moisturize compulsively. 

Now before everyone jumps on me for wearing hipster fox sweaters, I've been wearing fox-themed clothing items since I was a first grader, although my fox-wear was decidedly less cool than what is available today and a lot more like this:

To complete this look, pair with black stretch pants, fanny pack, and a crimped side-pony.



I hate putting on more layers, but I'm convinced fall was created to make me appreciate the warmth more. You might as well make the best of the cooler weather by wearing some cute stuff before everyone's enthusiasm for life is destroyed by winter, because really, fuck winter.

Fox Sweater- Markus Lupfer
Skinny Jeans- Rag & Bone
Army Jacket- Madewell
Combat Boots- Nasty Gal
Sunglasses- Raen
Scarf- Lucky Brand
CrossBody Bag- Target
Almost Lipstick "Black Honey"- Clinique
Shea Butter Hand Cream- L'Occitane En Provence

No comments:

Post a Comment