Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pretty Livin!: New Beauty Goodies

Pretty Livin!

Pretty Livin! by elbonner featuring a straight iron

It's been super cold and unseasonably warm, all within the same week. It's wreaking havoc on my poor hair and skin! Luckily, I've come across some products that will do well spanning the seasons and are helping with my weather-related skin and hair problems. 

My mom was lovely enough to purchase me some hair products from Living Proof for Christmas. This line did themselves a huge favor by making Jennifer Aniston their spokes-model because really, who doesn't want her hair?! First of all, it smells A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I often find myself just grabbing the bottle and smelling it whenever I'm in the bathroom like I have some kind of huffing problem. It's a fresh, almost peppery smell that just smell luxurious and fancy! My mom got me the anti-frizz line which is good for my wild hair. I have three different hair textures on my head: wirey and thick on the bottom, normal midway up my head, and then super fine on the top. That and it's super dry! This formula moisturizes while keeping the frizzies away without making my hair greasy. I can easily go a day or two between washings which is only helped by the style extender spray I also got. Top that off with the Nourishing Styling Cream and you've got yourself a fabulous head of hair. I feel like this will work well in the summertime too to keep the humidity from making my hair frizzy and flat.

My skin has been super dry too and I've been trying to solve the problem by slathering my face with various oils. They have been doing the job, but I always wake up with oily bangs and have to douse my hair with dry shampoo. I recently came across this moisturizer by Nuxe that is super moisturizing, but very light and not greasy at all. The Creme Fraiche 24 Moisturizer does have a pretty strong floral scent. It's very jasminey which is actually pretty nice at night time, but if you're sensitive to fragrance, be aware!

The BB cream I was using was also too drying for my face, so I bit the bullet and purchased the Tarte Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer that I've been putting off for years. It's very light, but keeps my skin moisturized. I got the wrong color, but it blends so nicely that I can usually fix it with some blending and bronzer. It's got an spf of 20 which is also a big selling point. This is a great wintertime tinted moisturizer that provides light to medium coverage.

I actually had a great first week back to work after the holidays. It went by pretty quickly, and I received a beautiful gift from a great company. They took an interest in my previous post and showed me just how great of a company they are. The girls over at Pearl. Love. Jewelry sent me this beautiful bracelet as a thank you for my write-up and I haven't taken it off since I got it!

A little piece of Tahiti I can have with me every day! I don't want to be braggy, but I was so blown away by their generosity that I wanted to tell everyone how wonderful they are!  Thank you, ladies; you've made 2014 start off in the greatest way possible! Hope you all have a good mid-January and stay warm y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment