Saturday, May 17, 2014

Breakfast of Champions: Banana Chia Overnight Oats

I have a new favorite breakfast. Now, breakfast for me only really needs three qualities: it's fast, it tastes good, and it's good for me. Overnight oats are not a new thing; bloggers have been throwing around the praises of overnight oats all over the internet, but every recipe I tried just lacked something. I think that something was simplicity; there was just too much crap in them. Canned pumpkin, almond butter, coconut oil, three different kinds of seeds. Enough already! This recipe is simple, delicious, and fast! You may even beat your coffee pot to the finish line!

The Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or whatever milk you use)
1 Tablespoon Raw Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1 Banana
1 Tsp Honey (or agave if you're vegan)
1/8 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract



 Step One: In your bowl, mash your banana well with a fork. Add All the other ingredients to said bowl.

Mix all of your ingredients together, cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap, and stick it in the fridge overnight.

The final step: take it out of the fridge and eat it. It really doesn't get more simple than that! This recipe is loaded with fiber, slow digesting carbs (the good kind), and flavor to keep you from having to choke it down. It's health food you actually want to eat! I pair this with a cup of coffee and a big glass of water, eat it at 6:45 am and I'm good until my snack time at 10. If you're skipping breakfast because you have no time or are just a lazy lump, these overnight oats give you no excuse to  skimp on the most important meal of the day! Eat up, everyone!

PS- A giant, inflatable duck came to my city and I think I'm in love!


Instagram @ e_bythesea
Twitter @e_bythesea
Pinterest @ebythesea86
Poshmark @ebythesea

1 comment:

  1. Gonna try this tonight!!! Already looking forward to my breakfast tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete