Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY Lime Sugar Scrub

Every week I shed my old skin and start anew. Not like a snake or anything; I do a lot of sunless tanning and after a while the uneven wear gives your skin a snake-like look to it. If you don't want to look like you have Harlequin Icthyosis then get to scrubbing! I make this scrub probably 2-3 times a month and it makes my skin super smooth and it helps everything soak in better, including sunless tanner. My dry-skinned brethren land me your eyes and learn how I make my signature scrub.

First, gather your ingredients:


1 cup brown sugar, packed(I like brown sugar because it's very fine and has a microdermabrasion-like feel to it)
1 large lime (I've found the shinier and smoother the skin, the juicier the lime. Nothing more annoying than a dry lime!)
1.5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 vessel for your creation

It really couldn't be more simple: squeeze the juice from your lime, add the olive oil, throw in your brown sugar and stir. Voila!



I have a regime when it comes to exfoliating my body and, unless you have really sensitive skin, scrub your skin BEFORE getting it wet. This gets just about everything off because nothing is getting washed away and the sugar isn't dissolving. Scrub your feet, knees, elbows the most since they tend to be dryer and when applying sunless tanner it tends to get sucked into these areas the most (dirty knees :( ) . Everywhere else can be scrubbed down in circular sweeps and if you find that scrubbing dry skin is too harsh or you just want a light exfoliation then go ahead and do it while your skin is wet. I hope you enjoy this skincare recipe and let me know if you have good results. Go forth and scrub!

No comments:

Post a Comment