Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sleepy Time

Sleep Time

Sleep Time by elbonner featuring old navy pajamas

Hurricane Sandy has decided to make this Sunday the greyest, windiest day we've had in a long time and all it makes me want to do is sleep. I know I need to clean my shower and mop my kitchen floor, but falling asleep while pretending to read a book sounds so much more satisfying on a day like today. The house is stockpiled with tea, chocolate digestive biscuits, bread and stew so it's really only a matter of time until I'm lulled into afood and weather induced coma. 

When it comes to sleepwear I like to keep things simple and comfortable. I prefer dark and soft colors as opposed to bright and happy prints because the last thing I want to do when I'm tired is have to look at something that could possibly give someone a seizure. Cream, light blues, purples, blacks and greys are what I tend to move towards when I'm looking at sleepwear. Other than color I spend a lot of time finding things that are inhumanely soft and comfortable. No tags, nothing scratchy, just balls-to-the-wall comfort and softness. I then snuggle up in a super soft blanket, light a candle and snooze the day away. I read somewhere that jasmine scented things can replicate the kind of relaxation people feel after taking a Valium, so I've started anesthetizing myself from the world with lovely jasmine candles.I'm getting sleepy just writing this so I'm off for a nap everyone. Take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment